The Truth

John 14:6 (NIV84) - Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. “



Above the clouds from airplane. Photo property of Carla Cooper. All copyrights claimed
Photo by Carley
Do you ever wonder about your own belief system?  What I mean is; how do you know that what you know as reality is actually ‘The Truth’?  What is the foundation for what you ‘know’?  Is it your own judgement?  How do you know that you can trust your own perception?  If your reality is a deception, then it is not possible for you to be aware that you are being misled.  It is only by being outside of that experience that you can see the whole picture.

I suffer from Bipolar Disorder and Major Depression.  I do not try to hide that because it is not something to be embarrassed about, despite the attitude of a large percentage of society.  A cancer patient would not be ashamed to have to go for chemotherapy, just as a diabetic would not be humiliated to have blood sugar levels out of whack.  They may be scared, frustrated, angry, or any number of other emotions; but there is no need for shame.  They did not ask for these health issues.  Mental health issues are the result of physical issues within the brain.  It is not a choice, a sin, a crime, a weakness, or a character flaw. 

During the worst of my bipolar episodes, confusion often will set in.  I start to doubt many things.  My trust in anything and everything goes out the window.  I have even doubted and been confused about the circumstances that I see happening around me.  This is a terrifying place to be; especially when one feels alone in the world, which I often do.  This is a misperception, of course, but at the time it is as real as the trees, the sky and the wind around me.  I argue that it is true.  It is not until the incident is over that I am aware of what is genuine; that I have many people who love me.

I read an article recently by a newspaper that has a mission to tell the ‘Truth’; yet all the articles within are anti-Christian / anti-religious and they very proudly support sinful living.  What do they base their evidence of ‘Truth’ on?  Mine is based on the solid Word of God.  Through all of the confusion that I have suffered there is one ‘truth’ that I have never doubted even for an instant.  This is the fact that Jesus is The Truth.  He told us that “I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me “.   Sometimes I wonder; whose reality is more clouded?



~~ Dear God ~~ Thank You for the sacrifice of Your Son, Jesus so that we may be with You in Your glorious kingdom.  Please do not let me ever forget this reality.  For all those who have not yet seen the veil lifted, please show them the Light so that they may be led out of the darkness and see the Truth.  In Jesus name, AMEN.




No comments:

Post a Comment