Learn to Let the Stars Lead

~~ Isaiah 40:26 (NIV84) ~~  Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these?  He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name.  Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.




Photo by Carley Cooper.  All Rights Reserved.
Since my last post Learn to Read Your Stars, have you looked up?  Did you find any hidden blessings in the midst of your dark times?  Finding the bright points is often like looking for the smallest star in the sky.  Sometimes when you can’t see the stars in your night sky it’s because it’s overcast; the sky is hidden from us.  Other times we are just not looking hard enough, even on a clear night.  Yet, other occasions it’s because the enemy is distracting us.  Look a little harder, up a little higher; I assure you, the lights are there. 

Look, at Those Stars Twinkle!
God even gives us some patterns within the stars.  Did you know that?  There’s the Big Dipper, the Small Dipper, planets to be seen, and thousands of other fascinating consolations and tidbits.  Other than those few things I don’t know many other details about the starts because I’m not an astronomer.  In my family, that would be my Dad.  He has a telescope that’s bigger than me. 

There’s a lot we can learn from that great expanse we call the sky.  God is a God of order.  Everything in this world, and out; has detail, pattern, and a reason.  It’s one of the ways that He reveals Himself to us.  We can only see the star at night, in the darkness; just like we can only learn our greatest lessons by going through struggles.  Without the pain, we would not have any comparison to know what is good. 

God Will Clear the Sky
I’ve been asking God for months to give me  a break.  I needed a vacation, time off, space between me and my problems.  The noise it is creating has been blocking God’s voice from my heart, and I don’t like that feeling.  Among other things, I’ve asked Him to show me how to prioritize better; gain some time management skills.  There was always something standing in my way; a reason why I couldn’t accomplish these things myself, now without His help. 

Last week, I got a call from a friend I haven’t seen in a long time.  She was going on vacation to her trailer at nearby ToJo’s Christian Campground.  I know the place well, as do most Christians in Simcoe County and beyond.  My parents have a trailer there, and it’s where I first met my friend years ago.  She wanted some company on her time off.   Suddenly my schedule was clear.  Things that was normally on my agenda were not this week.  I decided that I would go with her and stay at my parents trailer, so I could have some quiet time alone with God, and still be close by to socialize with my friend and others in the park.  I asked God to help me hear His voice again, and to give me answers to the things I struggle with.        

God Will Show You the Leading Star
Many have said that as they drive through ToJo’s gates they can feel peace lay upon them like it is a warm blanket on a cold night.  “There’s something different about this place once you cross the gate boundary.  You can just feel it here”, they’ve said.  I agree.  I was  here less than two days and I could see my sky clearing.  I am able to feel the calm fill me.  The noise is lessening.  His voice is slowly becoming clear again. 

Without going into long-winded details, I can tell you that in such a short time, He has shown me that one of the biggest distractions in prioritizing my time is the internet.  I spend time online like the average family watches TV.  I’m not a big telly watcher in the past ten years.  It seems I’ve replaced with the internet.  I spend too much time answering and reading emails, on social networking sites, and trying to keep other people happy before God or myself.  He’s also reassured me, again; that Happy Endings do indeed happen.  My concerns about relationship, career, health, church family; are all in His hands.  He loves me.  I love Him.  He has blessings in store for me, which will go into effect according to His schedule; not mine.

Granted all is not completely silent here, but the distractions are not leading me away from God.  The distractions here remind me of Him.  I can hear children laughing and playing just up the narrow park-road in the manmade pond, others at the other end of the park in the pool.  There’s a couple of dogs barking, that remind me of the happy memories of my own babies.  There’s a couple of chipmunks that never seem to run out of energy.  They’re pretty brave at times, and come close to me.  As I try concentrating on my writing, I’m forced to keep stopping for photo opps; because Blue-jays and Chickadee’s are landing in the trees around me and in my Mother’s nearby bird bath.  My own little Chicklet is loving some, very rare, outdoor time as I set his cage on the patio table next to me.  It’s wonderful to see him react to the sounds he hears.  Then there’s the sounds of my Mom’s wind chimes.  There must be a dozen.  Dings, dongs, cling, clang, and even clicks from one made of bamboo.  Oh yea, and the other blessing is that I get to sit outside in the wonderful sunshine with my computer and do what I love most; write!

What Stars are You Following?
Whatever it is that you are going through right now, God wants you to look up to Him.  He wants you to see the stars in your dark sky.  They are beautiful blessings that He has in store for you.  Look to Jesus, the  brightest Leading Star.  He is waiting to twinkle the night lights in a show that will  bless you and leave you in awe. 

Let’s Pray
 ~~ Dear God ~~  Thank You for blessing me with every single night time.  Without it, I would never know the beauty of the stars .  One of my favorite things to do is lay on the grass at night time looking up at the stars.  I can’t help but feel the extreme magnitude of space, which helps me feel like I have some concept of how big and how amazing You really are.  Your works are fascinating.  Every star is perfectly positioned, named, and counted.  I love the feeling of knowing that as big as the universe is, You love me.  I have a place, a position, and a purpose in Your great plan.  Thank You for that Lord.  In Jesus name, AMEN.

Worship Melodies Photo Sharing
Check out our Facebook photo albums on Worship Melodies Facebook Page.  ‘Like’ us, and click on the album ‘Vacation at ToJo’s – Summer 2012’. 

Now It’s Your Turn
Thoughts?  Questions?  Want to share your story?  Ask for prayer?  Please consider sharing in the comments section(If you’re on the homepage, click on the post headline, and scroll down to find the comments section.) 

Enter your email address to get Worship Melodies posts in your Inbox:
    Delivered by FeedBurner
To prove you are not a robot or spammer you will receive a confirmation email. Click the link provided.
.
Check out these other great options too! 
Worship Melodies RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Worship Melodies on Facebook
Facebook
Worship Melodies on Twitter
Twitter
Worship Melodies on YouTube
YouTube


22 comments :

  1. CHALLENGER75July 15, 2012

    This was beautiful, and just what I needed to read today. Thank you so much for the blessing this was to me. Hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing that with me. You are a blessing to me as well. It helps me so much to get feedback. I know that my work here, for Jesus, is making progress. Many blessings to you. HUGS.

      Delete
  2. SANDRALEETJuly 15, 2012

    In the dark we learn what we fear what needs to change.Our sin an exposed The moon and he stars lead us out of the darkness.The universe is Gods work It magnitude is way beyond what we can imagine in our mind. When we now whats in the dark we are not afraid any more and we can go on with our life.Always now God is right beside you.You have a wonderful way of looking at things It got me to think and see things differently .This is how what you said came to mean to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It makes me so happy, and it humbles me so much, to know that I am helping others, making them think. In return getting feedback like this helps me too. You are a blessings. Thanks. Many blessings to you. HUGS.

      Delete
    2. SANDRALEETJuly 15, 2012

      You will get were God wants you.

      Delete
    3. Thank you. That's actually what I pray for a lot. Blessings. HUGS.

      Delete
  3. Very nice looking campground. Prayers for peace, love, and joy . . . all things you have a beautiful measure of already but seem to desire a little more! Hug, hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evelyn for the prayers and blessings. This is indeed a nice place to be. If you're ever in this part of the province of Ontario, think about stopping by or staying for a weekend. There's a chapel here where they do services on Sunday's. They have guest speakers, concerts, bible studies through the week, and so much more. I'm sure you would love it. Thank you for the feedback. As always it helps to inspire me 'cause I know that my work here is making progress when it's touching people's lives and leading them toward Jesus. Many blessings to you. HUGS.

      Delete
  4. AnonymousJuly 17, 2012

    Very good blog entry. I enjoyed it immensely. God has you in his hands. He has given you a wonderful talent. Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deb. I appreciate the wonderful support more than I can say. Thank you for the encouragement. Many blessings to you. HUGS.

      Delete
  5. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your continued support. I hope you are blessed by it. Many blessings to you. HUGS.

      Delete
  6. When I look up and see all the stars i am totally awestruck as I recall that God created every one of those stars. I can see only a tiny part of the heavens but He knows the stars in all of the heavens.
    I am awed by the awesome grandeur of the night sky and I thank my God that He allows me to be part of His family.

    Hope all is going well with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support. I hope you are blessed by it. Many blessings to you. HUGS.

      Delete
  7. AMALYDAVIUJuly 17, 2012

    I praise the Lord for everything that He is teaching me. this morning i spoke to Him and I poured out my weakness. This is part of what i shared with him. Father i am so grateful for your love toward me. I know that you love me just for who i am. I know that you want the best for me. You are my universe. You, formed me in my mother's womb. you know my eating habits. Teach me to have self control. Not to let what others may or may not say, influence how I see myself. Help me to see myself through your eyes. A FINISHED PRODUCT. People need to learn that there is power in the tongue. With it we curse and bless other. Teach me to bless others. to bring life and not death, to encourage and not discourage. To build and not to destroy. To give love and not hate. to bring peace and not war. Help me to be your instrument of heal to others. Thank you Father. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support. I hope you are blessed by it. Many blessings to you. HUGS.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for your very encouraging post. Yes I also saw quite a number of bright stars. Thanks for being my source of encouragement.

    Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support. I hope you are blessed by it. Many blessings to you. HUGS.

      Delete
  9. MONICAMARY3July 17, 2012

    The unfailing love of The Lord never ends!....Great is his faithfulness...his mercies begin afresh each day.

    Lamentations
    3:22-23 NLT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support. I hope you are blessed by it. Many blessings to you. HUGS.

      Delete
  10. I came across this gem after I responded to your blog last night. Normally I skim over his devotions due to the older English style he tends to use, but I fell in love the visuals he provided here for God's great mercy.

    Charles Spurgeon Morning Devotion
    "The mercy of God."
    Psalm 52:8

    Meditate a little on this mercy of the Lord. It is tender mercy. With gentle, loving touch, he healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. He is as gracious in the manner of his mercy as in the matter of it. It is great mercy. There is nothing little in God; his mercy is like himself--it is infinite. You cannot measure it. His mercy is so great that it forgives great sins to great sinners, after great lengths of time, and then gives great favours and great privileges, and raises us up to great enjoyments in the great heaven of the great God. It is undeserved mercy, as indeed all true mercy must be, for deserved mercy is only a misnomer for justice. There was no right on the sinner's part to the kind consideration of the Most High; had the rebel been doomed at once to eternal fire he would have richly merited the doom, and if delivered from wrath, sovereign love alone has found a cause, for there was none in the sinner himself. It is rich mercy. Some things are great, but have little efficacy in them, but this mercy is a cordial to your drooping spirits; a golden ointment to your bleeding wounds; a heavenly bandage to your broken bones; a royal chariot for your weary feet; a bosom of love for your trembling heart. It is manifold mercy. As Bunyan says, "All the flowers in God's garden are double." There is no single mercy. You may think you have but one mercy, but you shall find it to be a whole cluster of mercies. It is abounding mercy. Millions have received it, yet far from its being exhausted; it is as fresh, as full, and as free as ever. It is unfailing mercy. It will never leave thee. If mercy be thy friend, mercy will be with thee in temptation to keep thee from yielding; with thee in trouble to prevent thee from sinking; with thee living to be the light and life of thy countenance; and with thee dying to be the joy of thy soul when earthly comfort is ebbing fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evelyn. This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with me. It really does help me. No matter how often I'm told that Jesus loves me even though He knows ALL my weakness's, sins, and failures; it fascinates me. It feels like the first time every time. His mercy is something that we will never fully comprehend. Many blessings to you. HUGS.

      Delete